SQL Developer Preferences Getting Lost After Restarting
Last updated on MAY 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 17.3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Changing SQL Developer preferences at runtime are not getting saved.
Re-starting SQL Developer showing default preferences.
1) Preferences > Code Editor > Format > Advanced Format > Under the Line Breaks section: "On procedure arguments".
2) Preferences > Code Editor > Format > Advanced Format > Under the Line Breaks section: "On ANSI".
3) Preferences > Code Editor > Format > Advanced Format > Under the Indentation section: "Indent spaces".
Steps to reproduce
1) Download and extract SQL Developer into a folder location like the following one. (Has to be a large folder name)
2) After extracting, structure is like this:
3) Create a custom folder to hold application settings:
4) To make it portable add the following line to the bottom of configuration file to point to step 3 folder:
5. Run sqldeveloper.exe:
6. You will see the application settings now get stored here:
7. Go in and update the formatter settings, save, close out of sqldeveloper, open again, go back into the formatter settings and you will see they get reset to the defaults.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms