Exalogic Virtual: Network Initialization Fails on vServer created from a templatized Oct 2017 PSU OL6 vServer
(Doc ID 2339927.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software - Version 18.104.22.168.171017 to 22.214.171.124.171017
Oracle Virtual Server x86-64
The following steps result in network initialization failure in the newly created vServer:
- Start with an existing OL6 Guest vServer
- Apply Guest vServer upgrade to patch it to Oct 2017 PSU (126.96.36.199.171017)
- Templatize the vServer using EKIT’s CaptureVServer capability as described in the following MOS note:
<Note 1933252.1>: Exalogic Kinetic Infrastructure Tools (EKIT): Set of scripts that provide common reusable command line infrastructure actions for Exalogic virtual platforms
- Upload the template to EMOC and create a new vServer
- Verify that vServer starts up with all configured networks
- Reboot the vServer – networks fail to initialize upon boot up
Connecting to the xm console, it is observed that no IB interfaces are listed in the output of the following command on the vServer:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!