OAM Node Fails Intermittently, When Test Couldn't Connect To The Java Process Anymore
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 220.127.116.11.161018 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
high CPU on OAM node 2
1. Users report problems with error: 'the webgate plug-in is unable to contact any access server"
2. The WebTiers and WebGates are running fine
3. The OAM cluster still responds
4. The second OAM node is consuming high CPU:
ora$:/opt/oracle/Middleware/config/domains/IAMAccessDomain/servers/wls_oam2/logs $ top
top - 15:25:38 up 59 days, 5:31, 3 users, load average: 3.93, 4.04, 4.03
Tasks: 250 total, 1 running, 249 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s): 86.9%us, 4.7%sy, 0.0%ni, 7.7%id, 0.1%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.6%si, 0.0%st
Mem: 16317908k total, 16014116k used, 303792k free, 347576k buffers
Swap: 16777212k total, 209396k used, 16567816k free, 3926604k cached
PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
55820 ora 20 0 5399m 2.2g 7964 S 331.0 14.4 1906:51 java
5. Both nodes report issues with the Oracle Coehernce cluster timing out.
6. Only a restart of the node solves the issue.
B) sometime OAM node 2 managed server just stopped responding, when test, I couldn't connect to the java process anymore, either. tried jmap, jstack, jvisualvm, jcm, jconsole.
Issue observed when load on servers is higher.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms