Integrated replicat hangs sporadicly
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2018
Applies to:Oracle GoldenGate - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Time after time some of the integrated replicat processes competely hangs
with the following symptoms
1) Writing to it's *.rpt log suddenly stops without any error or message.
2) Trying to communicate with replicat process by issuing SEND command
results in a "Timeout waiting for message" :
REPLICAT DBI Last Started 2015-09-04 01:17 Status RUNNING
Checkpoint Lag 00:00:03 (updated 00:29:27 ago)
Process ID 9926
Log Read Checkpoint File /ggs/DWH/dirdat/berdb2/tb002179
2015-09-14 08:00:33.434204 RBA 863949562
send DBI, stats
Sending STATS request to REPLICAT DBI ...
ERROR: sending message to REPLICAT DBI (Timeout waiting for message).
3) No errors are reported neither in ggserr.log nor in alert.log.
4) Killing and restarting replicat process resolves the issue for a while.
5) If we check STATE column of some v$gg_apply_* we can see that almost all of them have value "IDLE", except of v$gg_apply_receiver view. It's column STATE has value "Waiting for memory".
6) There was enough free memory in our Steams Pool at the moment of hanging:
select * from v$sgastat where pool like 'streams pool' and name='free memory'
streams pool free memory 12849013848 0
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms