Integrated replicat hangs sporadically
(Doc ID 2347717.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 28, 2020
Applies to:Oracle GoldenGate - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Time after time some of the integrated replicat processes completely hangs with the following symptoms
1) Writing to it's *.rpt log suddenly stops without any error or message.
2) Trying to communicate with replicat process by issuing SEND command results in a "Timeout waiting for message" :
REPLICAT <replicat_name> Last Started 2015-09-04 01:17 Status RUNNING
Checkpoint Lag 00:00:03 (updated 00:29:27 ago)
Process ID 9926
Log Read Checkpoint File <CHECKPOINT_FILE>
2015-09-14 08:00:33.434204 RBA 863949562
send <replicat_name>, stats
Sending STATS request to REPLICAT <replicat_name> ...
ERROR: sending message to REPLICAT <replicat_name> (Timeout waiting for message).
3) No errors are reported either in ggserr.log or in alert.log.
4) Killing and restarting replicat process resolves the issue for a while.
5) If we check STATE column of some v$gg_apply_* we can see that almost all of them have value "IDLE", except of v$gg_apply_receiver view. It's column STATE has value "Waiting for memory".
6) There was enough free memory in the Steams Pool at the moment of hanging:
select * from v$sgastat where pool like 'streams pool' and name='free memory'
streams pool free memory 12849013848 0
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document