ODI Loading Data Via a Mapping Fails with Connection Closed Errors using MS SQL Server 2017
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In ODI Studio 22.214.171.124.0, a one-to-one mapping was created to move data from the Oracle database to Microsoft SQL Server 2017. This mapping always fails to execute with several different errors as follows:
- Connection closed to Microsoft SQL Server
- Error informing the user that the Microsoft SQL Server does not support the numeric precision for conversion.
Error stacks could be like:
Steps to Reproduce Issue
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a mapping in ODI 126.96.36.199.
- Add an Oracle Database source model to the mapping.
- Add a Microsoft SQL Server 2017 model to the mapping.
- Ensure that no conversion is done via the mapping - simply data movement
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms