Oracle Access Manager 11g R2PS2 (OAM 220.127.116.11) Federation - POST Data Preservation and Restoration is not Working, Post Data is Lost
(Doc ID 2379905.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 18.104.22.168.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle is not responsible for instructions/information from 3rd party sites that may be contained in this KM note.
- Oracle Access Manager 11g R2PS2 (OAM 22.214.171.124) Federation - POST Data Preservation And Restoration is not Working, Post Data is Lost
- Followed ... How to Perform POST Data Preservation and Restoration in OAM Federation Authentication Environment (Note:2155288.1>)
- OAM 126.96.36.199.8
- OAM WG OHSS 188.8.131.52.0
- OAM acting as Identity Provider (IdP)
Steps to Reproduce
1. User clicks Service Provider (SP)-initiated URL
2. SP sends HTTP-POST request with SAMLRequest & RelayState in POST data to our SingleSignOnService URL (https://<OAM_HOSTNAME>/oamfed/idp/samlv20) specified in OAM's IdP metadata
3. https://<OAM_HOSTNAME>/oamfed/idp/samlv20 is protected by OAM and therefore the user is redirected (GET request) to OAM login form
4. After user authenticates, they're redirected back (POST request) to the https://<OAM_HOSTNAME>/oamfed/idp/samlv20 page
5. The original POST data containing SAMLRequest & RelayState are gone in this POST which prevent successful SSO and a NullPointerException is thrown in the diagnostic log
6. Accessing the SP-initiated URL again in the same browser window allows the user to SSO to the SP without issue since they're already logged in and there's no need to redirect to login page
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document