OIM/OAM 12c Step-By-Step SSO Integration Case Study
(Doc ID 2393062.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2020
Identity Manager - Version 126.96.36.199.180109 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document is based off of the steps located in the Step-by-step Procedure for OIG-OAM Integration Using Automated Script.
It is intended to provide a working integration case study that can be used as a touch point during integration scenarios.
The terms Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) and Oracle Identity Governance (OIG) will be used interchangeably in this document to refer to the same software installation.
The case study includes the following software installed in the recommended Separate Domain configuration with the required split OPSS schemas:
• Oracle Database 12c (12.2.x.x)
• Oracle Fusion Middleware Identity and Access Management 12c (188.8.131.52.0)
• Oracle Unified Directory (184.108.40.206.0)
• Oracle WebLogic Server 12c (220.127.116.11.0)
• Oracle HTTP Server 12c (18.104.22.168.0)
• Oracle SOA Suite 12c (22.214.171.124.0)
• Oracle Webgate 12c (126.96.36.199.0)
This case study does not cover OID or AD specific configuration. For the explicit configuration of those directory services, please refer to the documentation; otherwise, the steps will be the same.
This document is not intended to serve as a substitute for following the Identity and Access Management Installation Guide. It is important to note that:
- Each component of the integration (OAM, OIG, OHS, OUD) should be installed in a separate Middleware Home, IE, a separate Fusion Middleware Infrastructure WebLogic Server installation
- OAM should not be installed using the OIG quick installer.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.