Navigation MenuTaskflow Does Not Open Links In New Window
Last updated on MAY 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using WebCenter Portal 22.214.171.124.180417.
A page template that uses the Task flow "Navigation Menu" for navigation does not open the links in a new window even when the links are created with the setting set to open in a new window. The link still opens in the current window (tab).
Using the default navigation on the template (seeded one) it does open the link in the new windows.
1. Create a new Portal.
2. Create a page template in this Portal under Assets. Select to copy from WebCenter Portal Top Navigation template.
3. Edit the page template and select the white space under the footer that is shown. Then on the resource catalog on the right select the + icon and add the taskflow called "Navigation Menu" from the folder Navigations.
4. Save and close the template.
5. Mark the template as available by selecting the checkbox.
6. Select the setting icon for the Portal and change the page template to the one just created.
7. Now on the Pages icon, create a new link:
a) Set the Path to a url that is accessible (For example: http://www.oracle.com)
b) On the Options tab select Open link in "New window"
c) Also on the Options tab select the check box for Redirect
d) Select ok and save
8. View the Portal and testing the Link from the top menu functions correctly and opens the new window/tab(this is using the default navigation). Clicking on the Link from the bottom menu will work but does not open a new window to display the url. The bottom one is the one using the Navigation Task Flow - Navigation Menu.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms