Oracle Access Management 12c Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Access Management is a complete solution designed to securely enable business transformation with mobile and social networking technologies, hybrid on-premise and cloud applications deployment, and hybrid access management deployment while preserving a seamless user experience, centralized administration, and market-leading performance and scalability.
• Multiple authentication schemes
• Web single sign-on (SSO)
• Session management life cycle
• Coarse-grained authorization
Intelligent Access Management
• Context-aware (device context, geo-location, session
context, transaction context)
• Content-aware (leveraging content classification)
• Risk-aware (real-time risk assessment based on context and policies)
• Context, content, and risk driven, dynamic, step-up authentication and fine-grained authorization
• Device fingerprinting
• Predictive auto-learning
• Knowledge-based authentication (KBA)
• One-time password (OTP) using SMS, email, or Oracle Mobile Authenticator (a soft token OTP mobile app)
Fraud Detection and Investigation
• Real-time and batch analysis (heuristic behavior analysis)
• Universal risk snapshot
• Support for SAML 2.0, OpenID 2.0, OAuth 2.0 Mobile Security
• Client-side SDK for authentication, SSO, and delegated authorization (OAuth)
• Support for Adaptive Access features API and Web Services Security
• Authentication, authorization
• Data format (XML, JSON) and transfer protocol translation
• XML firewalling and throttling Cloud Security
• Integration with Identity Cloud Service (IDCS)
• Scalability (support for up to 250 million user accounts).
• High availability with active-active multiple data center (MDC) support. Simplified MDC setup using RESTAPIs.
• Dynamic, proactive security posture, avoiding the common pitfalls of reactive, static security systems.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms