Department and DepartmentNumber attributes from Active Directory are incorrectly mapped in WebCenter Content
(Doc ID 2402632.1)
Last updated on MAY 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to fetch specific user attributes - Department and DepartmentNumber respectively from Active Directory. They are either mapped such that:-
a). the DepartmentNumber gets configured correctly but Department is null.
b). the mapping sets departmentNumber in both (i.e. Department and DepartmentNumber).
The Active Directory field(s) to be populated correctly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log onto WebLogic server (WLS) admin console and navigate to Home -> Security Realms -> myrealm -> Providers.
2. Create a new Provider with type - ActiveDirectoryAuthenticator.
3. Reorder the Authentication Providers so that the newly created provider is on top and set the control flag to be SUFFICIENT.
4. Restart all servers and log back in WLS admin console and navigate to Home >Security Realms >myrealm >Users and Groups > Users to make sure that the users are fetched correctly.
5. Log onto Webcenter Content (WCC) as an admin and navigate to Administration -> Providers -> JpsUserProvider -> Info.
6. Edit the DefaultFileStore and add the following attributes and click Update.
a. Case 1:
7. Restart the WCC managed server,
8. Map the AD attributes in WCC User Information Fields.
9. Log on as an AD user.
10. Click on the username to go to user profile page and see that the attributes added are displayed.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users attributes aren't mapped correctly and cannot be displayed appropriately in User Profile page in WebCenter Content.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!