After Applying WLS Patch Set Update (PSU) 22.214.171.124.180417 - Receiving "bcprov-jdk16-1.45.jar has unsigned entries - readme.txt"
Last updated on JULY 03, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
* On Weblogic Server 12.1.3
* WLS PATCH SET UPDATE 184.108.40.206.180417 is applied
* JCE cannot authenticate
* Receiving in the Weblogic server logs the following exception after startup: "Receiving "bcprov-jdk16-1.45.jar has unsigned entries - readme.txt""
After having applied the following April Critical Patch Update (CPU) Weblogic Server Patch Set Update (PSU): WLS PATCH SET UPDATE 220.127.116.11.180417 patch file(p27419391_121300_Generic.zip) to Weblogic Server 12.1.3 the following is seen...
- A JCE authentication error exceptions appear in the server logs.
- The JCE is not able to authenticate to the provider BC.
- The applying of the patch updates the bcprov-jdk16-1.45.jar
The following error is observed in the Weblogic server logs after JVM startup when accessing a J2E deployed application...
WLS PATCH SET UPDATE 18.104.22.168.180417 patch file(p27419391_121300_Generic.zip) is applied.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms