After Applying WebLogic PSU April 2018 (18.104.22.168.180417) - Receiving "bcprov-jdk16-1.45.jar has unsigned entries - readme.txt"
(Doc ID 2412617.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
* On Weblogic Server 12.1.3
* WLS PATCH SET UPDATE 188.8.131.52.180417 is applied
* JCE cannot authenticate
* Receiving in the Weblogic server logs the following exception after startup: "Receiving "bcprov-jdk16-1.45.jar has unsigned entries - readme.txt""
After having applied the following April Critical Patch Update (CPU) Weblogic Server Patch Set Update (PSU): WLS PATCH SET UPDATE 184.108.40.206.180417 patch file(p27419391_121300_Generic.zip) to Weblogic Server 12.1.3 the following is seen...
- A JCE authentication error exceptions appear in the server logs.
- The JCE is not able to authenticate to the provider BC.
- The applying of the patch updates the bcprov-jdk16-1.45.jar
The following error is observed in the Weblogic server logs after JVM startup when accessing a J2E deployed application...
WLS PATCH SET UPDATE 220.127.116.11.180417 patch file(p27419391_121300_Generic.zip) is applied.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document