Elasticsearch is Not Returning Portal Documents Protected with Content Server ACLs
(Doc ID 2426443.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.180417
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Elasticsearch does not return portal documents protected with Content Server ACLs.
Expect to see documents that are protected by ACLs.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Configure WebCenter Portal for securing documents using Roles with ACLs per the following documentation:
How to Enable Group or Role Access Control Lists (ACLs) for Securing
<Note: 2367766.1> Documents in WebCenter Portal
- Upload a document to a portal.
- Get the document properties and select Security.
- Add a group from the external LDAP under:
Access Control Lists -> Roles.
Give permissions such as Read.
- Connect to WebCenter Content (http://servername:port/cs) and go to:
Administration -> SESCrawlerExport Administration.
- Select All Source and click "Take Snapshot".
- Connect to WebCenter Portal.
- Go to Administration -> Tools and Services -> Search.
- Select Scheduler.
- Select the "Start" link next to Documents crawler.
Wait for the crawler to complete.
- Confirm users members of group can see the document.
- Do a search that should bring the document with ACLs.
The document is not returned in search results.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document