Portal Permissions Missing On Imported Portals in 12c
(Doc ID 2429047.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 20, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Portal A does not use advanced security permissions.
- Portal B uses advanced security permissions.
Now, Upgrade Fusion Middleware (and its components: WebCenter Portal, WebCenter Content, Weblogic Server, etc.) from 11g to 12c (126.96.36.199.0 or 188.8.131.52.0).
After upgrade, navigate as follows in Enterprise Manager Console:
- webcenter Portal->Security->Application Policies
Notice, Portal A shows permissions, whereas Portal B shows none.
This results is several issues:
1) When a permission is added to Portal B, an error is reported indicating that the permission already exists.
2) Errors are encountered when the webcenter application is exported via the EM Console:
Failed to complete the export process. Unable to backup application policy
Managed server log (WC_Spaces-diagnostics.log) reports errors similar to these:
Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: oracle.webcenter.lifecycle.LifecycleException: JPS-10151: Application role <UID>#-#TemplateSpaces-User does not exist
Upgrade Fusion Middleware (and its components: WebCenter Portal, WebCenter Content, Weblogic Server, etc.) from 11g to 12c.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document