SQL Developer Does Not Show Breakpoint Option While Debugging Anonymous PL/SQL Block of Code Against 12c Database
(Doc ID 2434928.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 18.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SQL Developer is not showing option to set break point while debugging an anonymous Pl/SQL block.
It works fine on a stored procedure or package with 12c database.
Debugger starts, but
- No “Anonymous PL/SQL” block opened.
- No option to set the break point.
- Debug Icons shows only one of them enabled.
So, it does not allow to set break point and debug.
Database 11g Example:
SQL Developer while connected to 11g ( and lower) database:
Debugger starts and shows
- “Anonymous PL/SQL” block opened.
- Option to set the break point.
- Debug Icons shows All enabled.
12c database is in use.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!