A Custom Portal Application Fails with Blank Page or Internal Server Error if Another Managed Server is Started in the Managed Server Domain Directory In An Enterprise Deployment
(Doc ID 2438419.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to creating separate directories for the AdminServer and the Managed Servers (aserver and mserver),
this causes a custom portal application to fail with either a blank page or Internal Server Error if another managed server is started in the mserver domain directory.
Blank Page or Error 500--Internal Server Error
The <CUSTOM-MANGED-SERVER>-diagnostic.log shows:
[2018-05-23T23:23:40.081+00:00] [<CUSTOM-MANGED-SERVER>] [NOTIFICATION][J2EE JSP-00008] [oracle.j2ee.jsp][tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '0' for queue:
'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: <USERID>][ecid: <ECID>] [APP: <SITE>]
unable to dispatch JSP page: The following exception occurred:.[[
java.io.FileNotFoundException: MDS-00013: no metadata found for metadata object "/<PAGE>.jspx"
MDS-00201: PDocument not found in MetadataStore : [store-type=DefaultMetadataStore app-name=<SITE> lookup-order=ServletContext,Classpath]
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a domain with a WC_CustomPortal and WC_CustomServicesProducer Managed servers.
- Create a separate directory for the Managed Servers per the following documentation:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Enterprise Deployment Guide for Oracle WebCenter Portal
8 Creating a Domain for an Enterprise Deployment
8.4 Post-Configuration and Verification Tasks
8.4.6 Creating a Separate Domain Directory for Managed Servers in the Same Node as the Administration Server
- Start the AdminServer (in the admin server directory).
- Start the WC_CustomPortal managed server (in the managed server directory).
- Deploy a custom Portal application to the WC_CustomPortal managed server.
- Access the application and confirm is works fine.
- Start the WC_CustomServicesProducer managed server (in the managed server directory).
- Access the custom Portal application.
Here you will get a blank page or Error 500--Internal Server Error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document