ODI 12c SVN: "Compare With Repository Object" Finds Differences for Topology Object on Windows
(Doc ID 2448553.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 126.96.36.199.6 and later
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows (32-bit)
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c is integrated with Apache Subversion (SVN) Version Control System (VCS).
In a branch ODI Repository created from full tag of trunk, after populating the branch Repository from SVN and then selecting "Compare With Repository Object" Option from "Version History", there are differences found where there should be no difference.
- Login to "trunk" type repository, create a full tag
Team > VCS Actions > Create Full Tag...
- Create "branch" in SVN:
Team > VCS Actions > Create Branch from Tag...
- Login to new empty work repository, associate with SVN and configure it as the branch from previous steps
Team > Switch Versioning Application
Team > Settings > Edit Connection
Team > Settings > Configure...
- Import all objects from SVN:
Team > VCS Actions > Populate ODI Repository from VCS
- Once the import is done, check to see if anything was changed:
Team > VCS Actions . Pending Changes
Note no differences are found with merge <Patch 26709130> installed.
- Go to the "Topology" tab and right-click on "Oracle" Technology. Select "Version > Version History" and select the "Compare Versions" icon > "Compare With Repository Object" option
The "Version Compare Results" dialog incorrectly shows items listed. There are two different cases observed:
- Missing JDBC Password
- JNDI Resource in SVN is empty
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document