ODI 12c Agent Load Balancing: "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" Error Received and Causes the Scenario to be Re-executed Unexpectedly
(Doc ID 2488817.1)
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c Agent Load Balancing is configured, and a linked Agent (which is executing a Scenario) is accidentally suspended...
... this causes:
- A "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" error to be signaled in the Primary Agent log file:
== and ==
- The same Scenario to be re-executed by another linked Agent.
This results in the same Scenario to be unexpectedly executed twice.
- Consider four standalone Agents on a same server, and configure the ODI Agent Load Balancing:
agent1 -- Primary Agent
agent2 -- linked Agent
agent3 -- linked Agent
agent4 -- linked Agent
- Execute a Scenario using "startcmd.cmd OdiStartScen" command against the Primary Agent "agent1".
- The Scenario will be balanced to linked Agent "agent2", and executed by "agent2".
- Suspend the linked Agent "agent2", and observe the "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" message in the "odiagent.log" of Primary Agent "agent1".
- Resume the linked Agent "agent2", and observe that the Scenario execution completes without any error.
- Also observe that the same Scenario is re-executed unexpectedly by another of the linked Agents ("agent3" or "agent4" in this example).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document