Creating a Site Template with a Wiki Page Still Points to the Original Portal
(Doc ID 2494056.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Creating a site template with a Wiki page still points to original portal.
Creating Portals based on this Site Template causes all portals to share the same Wiki page.
Expect to have the Wiki page copied instead of using the original Wiki page among the portals created with the same portal template.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a portal from the OOTB Portal template.
Let's call it Portal_X.
- Enable the Documents service in the portal.
- Create a page in the portal.
Add -> New Page.
Choose Page Style: Wiki
- View the portal and navigate to the wiki page.
- Make a change to the wiki text, like adding the current time.
This will be used later.
- Create a new Portal template using Portal_X as the source.
Let's call it PortalTemplate_Y.
- Use PortalTemplate_Y to create a new portal.
Let's call it Portal_Z.
- View the Portal_Z portal.
- Navigate to the Wiki page.
The wiki is displayed and the contents of the wiki look like the wiki in Portal_X portal.
- Make a change to the Wiki, like adding the current time.
- View the Wiki page for Portal_X portal.
- Problem: The wiki for the Portal_X portal shows the changes made in Portal_Z portal.
The expectation is to have separate Wikis for each portal.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document