Calling A REST Service Form ADF Through A Web Service Data Control Is Returning 500 Server Error.
(Doc ID 2494493.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 21, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Business Process Management Suite - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When calling REST Service API, getting the following error:
Same implementation with the same REST service worked in a previous version of JDeveloper.
1. Open JDeveloper 12c (Studio Edition Version 220.127.116.11.0)
2. Create a BPM application, BPM project, Composite with BPMN Process, Manual Process with Start, Initiator User Task, End
3. For Initiator User Task create a Human Task
4. Open Human task and select from Form > Auto-Generate Task Form and follow the Create ADF project wizard.
5. In ADF Project create new Web Service Data Control (SOAP/REST) (DataControls) and set the Create wizard as follow:
- check REST
- check Generic Data Control with manually described resources
- create REST Connection with a base URI for any rest service
- create a Resource Path with Data Format JSON for POST
- for new resource method, parse from Sample Code the Method Payloads
- test REST Connection with success and Finish
6. In the .jspx page drag from the new REST Data Control:
- from method parameters drag the input parameters and choose Text > ADF Input Text w/Label
- from method Object drag the object and choose Create > Method > ADF Button
- from methodReturn drag the response object as Test > ADF Output Text w/Label
7. Deploy both BPM and ADF projects
8. Open Workspace, create a new process instance, open the User Task and call the REST service
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document