Webutil File Open Dialog Delays or Timeouts Opening Files on a Network Drive after Upgrade to JRE 8u191 or 8u192
(Doc ID 2499180.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Forms - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Remote users experience delays or timeouts when trying to browse through files to upload when using webutil and JRE 8u191.
- Problem did not occur when using 8u181 and only occurs when files are on a network drive.
- Problem can be demonstrated with webutil demo and and when the file_filter is set to "null".
- Problem is not pronounced if there are very few files in the network drive - 20 or 30.
- Webutil file open functionality is based on the java jFilechooser class. A pure jFilechooser java program shows inconsistent results.
Upgraded from JRE 8u181 to 8u191.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document