WebCenter Enterprise Capture Client Fails When The Choice List Default Value Is Set To The Display Value
(Doc ID 2506916.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Capture client fails to populate a metadata field when the choice list default value is set to the display value. A variation of this is to set the default value to the stored value in which case the display value in the indexing pane is the stored value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a choice list for the metadata field with different values for the displayed column and the stored column.
2. Create metadata field in scanning profile to use the choice list.
3. Set the field default value to be the display value.
4. Create a commit profile mapping the metadata field to a WCC field.
5. Test by scanning and indexing. While indexing, avoid the choice list. don't tab thru it (don't touch it).
6. Perform the commit to WCC.
7. You should see the field in WCC is blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document