ODI 12c Scenario Generates Successfully Even Though the Package Contains an Invalid Variable
(Doc ID 2508161.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 220.127.116.11.6 to 18.104.22.168.2 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c, a Scenario can be generated successfully from a Package, even though the Package references Variables that do not exist.
In such a case, the Scenario generation should fail.
To reproduce the behavior the following can be used:
- In ODI Studio, create a global Variable.
Create a Mapping that uses the Variable, and a Package that uses the Mapping.
- Export the Package.
- In ODI Studio, delete the Package, the Mapping and the Variable.
- Import the Package using synonym INSERT_UPDATE mode.
- Open / edit the Package, and observe the message indicating that it contains an invalid object -- which is correct.
- Generate a Scenario for the Package, and observe that there is no error or warning signaled -- which is incorrect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document