ODI Mapping Scenario Regeneration does not Update Description
(Doc ID 2520394.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 184.108.40.206.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 220.127.116.11.6, regenerating a Scenario which has been created from a Mapping does not update the Description with any modified information. This issue only occurs for Scenarios generated from Mappings. ODI Packages and Procedures do not have an issue.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a mapping. In the description field add text - i.e. "Version 1".
- Right-click on the Mapping and select "Generate Scenario"
- Open the scenario and observe that the description "Version 1" appears correctly.
- Edit the mapping, and modify the description - i.e. "Version 2".
- Create a new scenario, observe that the description of the new scenario is "Version 2".
- Right-click the first scenario, and select "Regenerate". Observe that the description of the regenerated scenarios incorrectly shows "Version 1" where "Version 2" is expected
- Repeat steps 1-6 for a package instead of a mapping.
Observe that the regenerated scenario of the package shows the expected description.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for a procedure instead of a mapping.
Observe that the regenerated scenario of the procedure shows the expected description.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document