Oracle JDBC Bind Variable Corruption - Wrong Values in Bind Data when Resetting some Variable in a Loop
(Doc ID 2549568.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
JDBC - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Oracle WebLogic Server with JDBC connections within an application. When executing a prepared statement in loop with bind variables, on subsequent updates the bind variables are being corrupted.
Here is the detailed description:
- In the context of 1 transaction, created a PreparedStatement with 120 bind variables. It's been used to execute 2 updates.
- 1st 20 bind variables do not change between 2 updates. Other 100 bind variables do.
- Set all 120 bind variables and execute 1st update. (it works fine)
- Without touching 1st 20 bind variables set other 100 to new values and execute update.
- 2nd update does not fail but it does not work. When checked the trace from DB end it seems some of the bind variables got incorrect values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document