Application Deployment Fails With the Error "java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [<resourceName>] cannot be opened because it does not exist"
(Doc ID 2549657.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While deploying an application to Weblogic 18.104.22.168, resources present under Domain_Home/resoreces directory are not picked up and hence deployment fails with the below error when
java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [<resourceName>] cannot be opened because it does not exist
Weblogic Console Shows below errors:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Access Weblogic console using
2. Stop the managed server to which application needs to be deployed
3. Navigate to Domain_Home/resources directory
4. Rename below folders (these are required for application deployment and these are loaded through CLASSPATH)
4.Start the managed server
5. In the managed server log confirm Domain_Home/resource directory is set in the CLASSPATH variable
6. Once the managed server is in RUNNING state rename
7. Deploy Application and should see above mentioned errors in the console
8. Restart managed server and application gets deployed successfully.
The same behavior is not seen in 10.3.6 and application can be deployed without restarting managed server.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document