ODI Studio Freezes After Having Applied 188.8.131.52.190708 Bundle Patch (Bug 29778645) and Even Continues After it Is Rolled Back
(Doc ID 2572768.1)
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 184.108.40.206.190415 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After having applied the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 220.127.116.11 July bundle patch (Patch 29778645 / ODI 18.104.22.168.190708)...
... on the Oracle Home that initially had the April bundle patch (patch Bug 29205229 / ODI 22.214.171.124.190415):
- The Repositories have been upgraded.
- The ODI Studio cache has been cleared.
- ODI Studio started successfully.
- Connected to the upgraded Repositories.
While proceeding with simple operations such as editing some Mappings, navigating thru the tree-views in the UI, editing some KMs...
... the ODI Studio UI freezes:
- Micro-freeze of a couple of seconds every several minutes
- A major / final freeze arises around 30 minutes later, and the ODI Studio UI needs to be forcibly stopped.
The behavior persists even after rolling back the July bundle patch, clearing the ODI Studio cache, and restoring the Repositories to their April version.
After having rolled back the bundle patch, error messages such as the following ones might eventually be observed:
- NullPointerException in the ODI Studio log file:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.