Compile a Package Body or Specification as ReadOnly File Has No Effect in SQL Developer
(Doc ID 2575856.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2022
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 19.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Compiling a package body or specification marked as read only files in SQL Developer has no effect with the Compile Button.
Below steps has reproduced the issue.
1. Create a package test_pkg.sql file with below contents.
2. Export the package as test_pkg.pkb and test_pkg.pks files.
3. Opened the files in SQL Developer and hit the Compile Button.
4. Mark the files as Read Only.
5. Open the files in SQL Developer, hitting the Compile Button has no effect or notification.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document