ORDS with 'CustomURL' (TCPS connection) Option to Connect to DB Which is SSL Configured Raises IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
(Doc ID 2589521.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle REST Data Services - Version 19.1 and later
Oracle Application Express (APEX) - Version 19.1.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Note: This note applies when a database server (which has apex installed) is SSL configured and a webserver is in a separate machine (with ORDS installed).
ORDS version 19.1
APEX version 19.1
Database Version: Oracle Database 18c
1. Database (with dataguard primary and standby database )LISTENER was running on port 1521 and databases were in sync.
2. APEX successfully connecting to primary database on port 1521. No issues were on APEX. Connected using ORDS deployed in Tomcat (in a different server).
3. To secure connections between database and clients, SSL has been implemented in the database on listener level with port 1575 with exchange of certificates in wallets between database servers and other clients, and disabled port 1521 on database servers.
4. Primary and standby databases are syncing on SSL port 1575 and all clients are connecting to database on 1575 SSL port successfully after successfully exchanging their certificates in wallets.
5. Executed below steps on APEX the database:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document