ODI 12c Generates Incorrect Code if a Mapping Attribute Matches the Name of a Variable
(Doc ID 2592584.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Incorrect code is generated by Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c when a Mapping uses source or target Datastores with column names <NAME> that match the name of a variable (<PROJECT CODE>.<NAME>).
During the binging mechanism, instead of :NAME, ODI will generate :PROJECT CODE.NAME
To replicate the behavior:
- In ODI 12c Studio, create a Variable called MYNAME, in Project MYPROJECT
- Create a Mapping that has either
- a source Datastore with one columns named MYNAME... or
- a target Datastore with one columns named MYNAME...
- Execute the Mapping and observe :MYPROJECT.MYNAME is used instead of the expected :MYNAME
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document