AWR Report Viewer - Wrong Snapshot ID Listing Shown for Selected Database From Multiple Database ID Options
(Doc ID 2607847.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 19.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You are using AWR Report Viewer from SQL Developer against multiple databases.
With multiple database IDs as shown in below image, you select the Database ID you want to report on, for example "<Selected DB>".
Now, when you try to browse "Start ID" ( Start ID and End ID snapshots), it shows Lists corresponding to the WRONG "Database ID" (and not for the selected Database ID). This could also be seen at the Internal Query in "Statements - Log".
Here the Snapshot IDs are listed for Database ID <DB1> and not for the one selected "<Selected DB>".
It always picks the very first Database ID seen at "Browse" option of "Database", regardless which Database ID selection is made with the AWR Report Viewer form. Therefore, a report cannot be run for the intended / selected database ID.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Start SQL Developer.
2. Create a connection at "Connections" (call it for example, "test_awr") and test connection.
3. Choose menu item "View" --> "DBA".
4. A "DBA" panel comes below "Connections" Window.
5. Under "DBA" > "Connections", choose "test_awr".
6. Once "test_awr" is listed, Expand it as:
"test_awr" -> "Performance" -> "AWR" -> "AWR Report Viewer"
7. On the "AWR Report Viewer" Page, Select the last <Selected DB> from the "Database ID" List.
8. Then populate the List of Values (LOV) for "Start ID".
The problem is that this LOV is listed for the very first <DB1> ( in the "Database ID" LOV ) and not the last / selected <Database ID>.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document