Post Upgrade from ODI 11g to ODI 12c - Incorrect SQL Code is Generated for Filters that Implement Hard Coded Outer Joins (+)
(Doc ID 2623335.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After having upgraded Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) from 11g to 12c, the SQL code generated loses the (+) outer join symbol in Mappings Filters.
For example, if an ODI 11g Integration Interface / 12c Mapping defines:
- an outer join between Datastore A and B
- another outer join between Datastore C and A
- and a filter on Datastore C
.. in ODI 11g, the SQL code generated uses TABLE_B filter first, then outer join with TABLE_A, and TABLE_C outer join TABLE_A:
... while in ODI 12c, the code generated has two issues:
- The SQL code generated uses (TAB_B outer join to TAB_A) as INLINE_VIEW, then TAB_C outer join INLINE_VIEW... and
- The outer join (+) sign in the Filter is not generated:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document