UPDATEDDOMAIN() Purges all User, Group, and Group Member Data in Configured SQL Authenticator
(Doc ID 2642967.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It was seen that the updateDomain() within a WLST Script, the user, group, group member data was removed, or purged when configured in a SQL Authentication Provider.
The issue can be seen in the following steps:
- Create basic sql authenticator as defined Doc ID 1342157.1.
- Set SQL authenticator as the first provider in the list.
- Insert some external user data into database.
- Configure nodemanager password using WLST as defined Doc ID 1341777.1.
After execution of WLST script all data in SQL authenticator is removed. A query of the Groups table only shows the following OSB internal groups:
The following steps were performed as part of the attempted solution and to troubleshoot:
- Install WLS 22.214.171.124 and Oracle XE DB 18C
- Create a Weblogic domain and configure SQL Authenticator Provider with help of DOC 1342157.1
- Ran updateDomain() as per the DOC 1341777.1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document