Folders/Content moved from one Portal to another are not visible to the members of target Portal
(Doc ID 2644210.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The value assigned to the "Account" property of an uploaded file is the same as the Internal ID of the Portal when uploaded via Content Manager in WebCenter Portal. However, when the file is moved from one Portal to another, the "Account" property is not updated.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
1. Upload a content via Content Manager in WebCenter Portal.
2. Notice that the value for "Account" in the metadata field is the same as the Internal ID of the Portal.
3. When the content is moved from one to another Portal, this value for "Account" is not updated appropriately.
User(s) see the value for "Account" is not updated appropriately when a content item is moved to a different portal.
Issue can be replicated by executing below steps:-
1. Log onto WebCenter Portal & create a Private portal. Ex: Portal1
2. Click on 'Tools & Services' and enable documents. Click OK on warning dialog box.
3. Click on 'Edit Portal' and from Home -> Add -> Page Link.
4. Select Documents page and click on Save in next screen.
5. Click on ViewPortal and then click Documents.
6. Upload a document.
Here take a note of Security Group & Account on the Document Upload dialog box.
a. Security Group: WebCenter Portal
b. Account: scaa2d8b8e83d4dc8b3ea5a57f958181a
7. Create another private Portal by following steps# 1 thru 5. Ex: Portal2
8. Navigate back to Portal1, select the document uploaded in step# 6 and move it to Portal2.
9. Notice that the Account is same as before and has not changed.
Account should change to the Internal id where it is moved
Account is same as before and has not changed.
Folders/Content is moved from one Portal to another.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document