"Ignore" Context During Smart Import Only Works if All ODI Topology Objects Are Set to be Ignored
(Doc ID 2647722.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During the Smart Import in Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 11g and 12c, even though the Context was set to be **ignored**, the Context is not ignored, and in some cases the Schema previously set to be mapped in the Contexts are lost, even if "Ignore" action at Context level has been chosen in the smart import.
**Ignoring** a Context during the smart import operation should ignore any changes to the Context, and leave the Agents, Logical Schema, etc associated to this Context unchanged.
- Create an 11g Integration Interface (or 12c Mapping), using a specific Datastore form a Model that uses Physical Schema <PSCHEMA_NAME1>.
- Set the Optimization Context to "Global", and make sure that the Logical Schema is mapped in Context "Global".
- Smart export.
- Create a new Physical Schema <PSCHEMA_NAME2>.
- Edit the "Global" Context, and map to a Logical Schema that uses <PSCHEMA_NAME2>.
- Smart import the file exported in step #3.
- In Topology, select "Ignore" for all the Contexts
- Proceed with the import.
- Notice that after the import, the Context "Global" is neither mapped to <PSCHEMA_NAME1>, nor <PSCHEMA_NAME2>.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document