Trying to Undo Changes from Weblogic Console Fails with the Error "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"
(Doc ID 2670123.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After targeting application to the wrong cluster, when trying to undo changes, Weblogic console shows the below error:
After this unable to undo any changes unless the pending directory is manually deleted.
Issue can be reproduced with the below steps:
-------------------------------------------- The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install and configure Weblogic domain.
2. Create 2 clusters with one managed server each.
3. Login into Weblogic console and start the managed servers.
4. Click on Lock and Edit.
5. Create persistence stores and target to each managed servers.
6. Activate the changes.
7. Click on Lock and Edit.
8. Deploy a shared library and target to only one cluster.
9. Activate the changes.
10. Click on Lock and Edit.
11. Deploy an application which requires the above shared library to same cluster.
12. Activate the changes and it will be success
13. Start the application.
14. Make sure both deployments are in activate state.
15. Click on Lock and Edit.
16. Click on application and change target to second cluster retaining the first one.
17. Activate changes and it will fail with the error:
An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for
Message icon - Error [J2EE:160149]Error while processing library references.
Unresolved application library references, defined in
weblogic-application.xml: [Extension-Name: GetHostInfo,
Specification-Version: 1.1, exact-match: true].
18. Click on Undo All changes and it gives the error:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document