Object Instances Granted to Non Supervisor Users are Ignored when Importing ODI 12c Master Repository
(Doc ID 2672426.1)
Last updated on APRIL 09, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Object instances assigned to a non-supervisor user are not imported when importing an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c Master Repository.
Note that these privileges are present in the Master Repository export files, but are not imported.
Expected behavior: All user security privileges should be preserved by the export / import operation.
Steps to replicate the behavior:
- Have a Master and Work Repositories.
- In the ODI Studio > Security UI, create a non-supervisor user.
- Grant the following profiles to this user:
NG METADATA ADMIN
- In the ODI Studio > Security Manager UI, assign some object instances to this user: Projects, Models, Variables, etc.
- Export the Master Repository.
- Create a new ODI environment (Master and Work Repositories) using RCU.
- Start ODI Studio, and connect to the newly created environment.
Delete the existing Contexts to avoid conflicts during the import operation.
- Import the Master Repository exported at step #5 above.
Chose synonym Mode INSERT_UPDATE
- Upon completion of the import, in the Security Manager UI, observe that the non-supervisor user has been imported, with the granted Profiles, but is missing all the Object Instances granted at step #4.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document