Post Task Added to Provisioning Operation Creates Dummy Requests for Approval
(Doc ID 2748008.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2021
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 18.104.22.168.190328 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Identity Management version 22.214.171.124.190328 , Post process task is added to "Create User" process task. With this setup, when account provisioning request is raised and approved by approver, then another new dummy request gets created with same Request ID and is listed under Pending Approvals for the approval.
The original request shows status "Completed".
No errors are seen for the overall operation and the account is successfully provisioned to the user after the original request is completed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a UDF under USER form.
2. Using ADF customization, attach the the above created UDF to 'Create,view and modify user pages. Use the below link to know the VOs to be used for each page.
3. This is the key to reproduce. Use this custom UDF in the Adpater return value inside the newly created process task.
4. From DC - Process Tasks - AD User - create new task say SubTask .
5. For it, added the OOTB adapter ADReturnText adapter
6. Configured the mapping for Adpater return value User Defintion - Custom UDF Name
and textValue as Process Data - First Name.
7. Attached this to Create User Task - Responses - Success.
8. Login as enduser and request for any account.
9. The request is created (note down the request id)
10.Approve it (login as admin user)
11.Once it is completed, verify for enduser, the account is showing as Provisioned and the request id is listed there.
12.Navigate to Pending Approvals - observe the same request id is listed there again.
13.On checking it's status , it shows as "Completed"
This creates additional redundant requests which is incorrect.
Once the account is provisioned, the parent orchestration gets completed as shown below,
Process Id 21007 name 19d0b841-be74-4b11-8b11-fef251e3c83e
Id 6 name PostProcessingInitiation : COMPLETED
Id 7 name CheckProvisioningStatus : COMPLETED
Id 8 name UpdateDependentRequests : COMPLETED
Id 9 name RequestCompleted : COMPLETED
Status : COMPLETED'
The second, dummy request creation is kicked off as seen in the logs here :
is how, the second orchestration kicks in as shown below. The SOA task got
created for the new orchestration but it seems to be dummy..
Flow for Process Id 21008 name f282f0b6-447d-4c4e-a035-b93d0f95c156
Status : ACTIVE
Id 1 name GetCurrentUser : COMPLETED
Id 2 name ModifyUserPreProcessHandler : COMPLETED
Id 3 name PostSubmissionDataActions : COMPLETED
Id 4 name UserModifyPasswordPolicyPreProcessHandler : COMPLETED
Id 5 name UpdateRequestData : COMPLETED
Id 6 name ApprovalInitiation : PENDING
Status : WAITING
Invoked : updateTarget
Invoked : updateTarget
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document