Incorrect Location of ODI Mapping Scenarios after Import from VCS Deployment Archive
(Doc ID 2761411.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) repository that is configured with Git Version Control (VCS), there are two scenarios generated from one and the same mapping, and one of the scenarios is put into a "load plan and scenario" folder whereas the other one is left at the root.
After initializing an ODI Execution type repository from a Deployment Archived (DA) created from Git tag, both scenarios are imported into the folder structure.
It is expected that the scenario that is at root tree in DEV should also import into root in the execution repository.
- Create a development type ODI repository
- Configure a Git repository
- Create a mapping, create two scenarios
- In ODI Studio, Operator, under "Load Plans and Scenarios" create a folder structure:
- Drag one of the scenarios into the folder (ie. version 001)
- Go to Designer tab.
- Create a partial tag including the project level "First Folder" which has the mapping and the scenarios.
- Create an initial deployment archive from the partial tag
- Import into execution repository (initial deployment)
=> the execution repository should now have the folder structure with one version being in the main folder, and the other version being in the main branch
=>This is not the case, instead we are seeing both scenarios in the Folder4
- Regenerate the mapping scenario "version 002".
- Create a new VCS version for mapping scenario "version 002".
- Create a partial tag with the new scenario
- Create a patch DA
- In the execution repository, import the patch DA
=>The scenario was updated, but it is still seen in Folder4.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document