"Component Type" Cannot be Set to '<undefined>' for New Custom KM in ODI 12c
(Doc ID 2766124.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 188.8.131.52.210108 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new custom KM, the "Component Type" cannot be set to <undefined>, which is what distinguishes component style from template style KMs.
However, when duplicating a template style KM, the <undefined> is still available.
After setting a value of a duplicated KM, saving the KM and closing it, there is no way to select <undefined> again to revert the changes of previous saved updates.
- In ODI Designer, select to create a KM
- notice that the "Component Type" cannot be set to <undefined>
- Import any KM (ie from <ODI_HOME>/odi/sdk/xml-reference)
- Duplicate the KM
- notice that the "Component Type" is still <undefined>
- a different "Component Type" can be selected and saved
- Close the KM
- Open it again
- notice that <undefined> is no longer an available option for "Component Type"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document