ODI 12c Mapping Import Results in Inconsistent Repository Causing Work Repository Import to Fail
(Doc ID 2788595.1)
Last updated on JULY 02, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.210108 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When importing an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Mapping in standard / legacy import mode (using synonym insert or synonym insert_update) into a Work Repository that does not have the Project and Folder name of the original Repository from where the Mapping was exported, the import sometimes succeeds, but results in an inconsistent state.
As a result, a Work Repository export of this Work Repository will be inconsistent as well, and it cannot be imported into another Repository.
Instead, the Mapping import should fail with error "ODI-14070 Parent Object Was Not Found".
To reproduce the behavior:
- In Work Repository A, create a Project / Folder / Mapping.
- Export the Mapping.
Right-click on mapping, select "export".
- Using SqlDeveloper, note down the I_FOLDER id,
ie SNP_FOLDER.I_FOLDER is 11
- in Work Repository B, create a Project / Folder with the same name.
- This will result in different internal IDs and GUIDs.
- Using SqlDeveloper, change the I_FOLDER id of the new Folder so that it matches the ID from "FOLDER A" or Work Repository A.
SNP_FOLDER.I_FOLDER is 11
Note: While this is manual modification and it is not something that is done in a "real" environment, it will mimic the behavior.
- In Work Repository B, import the mapping into another folder and project:
- notice that there is no error.
- the import report shows that the Mapping was imported into a Folder.
- ODI Studio does not show the Mapping in the Folder that is mentioned in the report.
- The SNP_MAPPING table shows the Mapping, but the I_FOLDER is "null".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document