Using Chrome Browser to Download Documents from the Content Manager Task Flow in WebCenter Portal Causes the Browser to Freeze/Spin
(Doc ID 2789310.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Chrome browser to download documents using the Content Manager Task Flow in WebCenter Portal causes the browser to freeze/spin.
Despite the spinning in the browser the document is downloaded.
Expect to be able to download the document without issues.
- Connect to WebCenter Portal using Chrome browser version 80 or later.
- Navigate to a Portal with the documents service enabled.
- Select the Documents Page or a Page with the Document Manager Task Flow.
- View a Document.
- Select the Summary Tab.
- Click Download.
The file downloads to the users machine as expected, but the browser shows a spinning wheel cursor and no actions can be performed.
- If the cursor is not spinning, click the breadcrumb and get back to the folder containing the document.
- Click the download icon to the right from the document name.
- Check again to see if the cursor is spinning.
Downloading and viewing the file may need to be tried multiple times to reproduce the issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document