SQL Developer Database Diff Tool Ignores Changes In Subpartitions Or Subpartition Templates
(Doc ID 2871290.1)
Last updated on MAY 20, 2022
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 21.4.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SQL Developer 21.4.2
SQL Dev Database Diff tool ignores changes in subpartitions or subpartition templates
Using the Database Diff tool in order to maintain 1 schema accross 2 databases (want to identify changes made to DB objects on the source connection, and propagate them to the same schema on the destination). Unfortunately, new subpartitions which exist only on the source, and additionally a change in the subpartition template, are not identified as differences. As a result the concerned table is considered identical on both the source and destination.
Steps to reproduce: see attached script.
- Run from step A to step C on the source connection
- Run step A only on the destination.
- Then run the Database Diff tool (in Maintain mode) in order to compare the test table on source vs destination.
Expected results: the new subpartitions and the changed subpartition template should appear as differences.
Current results (wrong): the test table is falsely shown as unchanged.
Reproduced in previous versions as well per customer.
- If using version 126.96.36.199: we're talking of 2 distinct databases, so distinct instances too.
- If using version 19.9: I used 2 distinct PDBs running on the same instance of the CDB.
Reproduced this on both 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document