Internet Explorer Fails to Connect to Web Cache Via SSL If SSLV2.0 Is Unchecked - NZE-29048
(Doc ID 342626.1)
Last updated on APRIL 05, 2021
Applies to:Web Cache - Version 10.1.2.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 13-Jan-2014***
- Connecting via Microsoft Internet Explorer to Webcache using HTTPS fails under certain circumstances
- Experimenting with IE shows the following results:
If SSL V2.0, SSLV3.0 and TLS V1.0 is checked it works
If SSL V2.0 and TLS V1.0 is checked it fails
If SSL V3.0 and TLS V1.0 is checked it fails
If SSL V2.0 on its own is checked it fails
If SSL V3.0 on its own is checked it works
(These are changed in Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced)
- Errors in webcache event_log:
- Given the above, if IE is hardened so SSLV2.0 is unchecked, then users cannot connect to Webcache
- When SSLV2.0 is checked along with SSLV3.0 and TLSV1.0 a "Page Properties" shows it is connected with SSLV3.0
- Connecting directly to Oracle HTTP Server via SSL with SSLV2.0 unchecked works just fine.
- Connecting to Webcache via Firefox with SSLV2.0 unchecked connects successfully
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document