OID No Longer Starts Since Changing orclmaxcc or orclserverprocs
Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 9.0.4 to 11.1.1 [Release 10gR1 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- opmnctl startall fails with:
Failure when starting the user’s sesion in the settings. Failure to access the API repository.
Root cause:: Unable to establish connection to the Oracle Internet Directory Server
ldap://btpinfra.oracle.com.co:389/. Base Exception :
javax.naming.CommunicationException: oidhost.mycompany.com.co:3060 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
- stopping the OID processes, clearing the ods_process table, ensuring the OID ports are free still does not allow OID to start
- opmnctl status shows that OID is alive
- ps -ef shows one oidmon process and only one oidldapd process, indicating that OID is not really running
- OID dispatcher log shows, for example for 10g OID:
- renaming the 2 wallet files in 10g $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/admin/ ($ORACLE_INSTANCE/OID/admin in 11g OID) and rerunning "oidpasswd connect=asdb create_wallet=true" does not allow OID to start
The default configset/instance or component was recently changed to have orclserverprocs and orclmaxcc set to higher values. The current values can be confirmed with the following query for OID 10g:
SQL> set pagesize 2000
SQL> select * from ods.ds_attrstore where entryid in
(select entryid from ods.ds_attrstore where attrval like '%osdldapd%'
and attrval like '%configset0%');
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms