Understanding Reports Execution from Forms Under High Availability
(Doc ID 363699.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Reports Developer - Version 10.1.2.0.0 to 10.1.2.3 [Release 10gr2]
Oracle Forms - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.2.3.0 [Release Oracle10g to 10.1.2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Understanding Forms Reports Integration Under High Availability (HA), clustered midtiers.
The hardware load balancer with/without webcache has been setup to balance the load between two Midtiers
-- Mid1 and Mid2:
- Mid1 with server rep1 and Mid2 with server rep2.
- Consider old server name (or cluster name) is repsrv.
* You are migrating forms/reports from older version (188.8.131.52 or older) to 10.1.2.0.2.
* In the older version, the report server name is hardcoded (assume report server name as repsrv.)
* Under HA, Forms requests can go either to Mid1 or Mid2 and it is suppose to get executed to the report server that is running locally to respective midtiers (either in-process or standalone report servers.)
This document will help developers who are creating new forms/reports or migrating older forms/reports where the Forms code includes run_report_object and/or web.show_document.
It will discuss all the changes are that need to be done so that Forms calling reports to the hardcoded
older report server can be executed to any of the midtiers in the cluster without any issues.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document