Invalid DataSource Connections in Connection Pool due to Firewall - Timeout or Failover
(Doc ID 399643.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Containers for J2EE - Version 10.1.2.0.0 to 10.1.3.5.0 [Release AS10gR2 to AS10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle AS 10.1.3 connecting to Database 10.2.0.2 with 2 firewalls (firewall high availability) in between them
- 3 AS servers --> 2 HA firewall -> Fail safe DB (2 - on windows 2003 cluster)
- During resilient test of firewall (firewall failover) the connection pool becomes invalid
- Application is using Sticky Session
- So on firewall failover end users loose their sessions
- For performance reasons applications (BPEL) need to maintain about 25 minimum connections in OC4J managed connection pool.
When application is not used for a while (for example not used overnight), the physical connection to Database through firewall is terminated by firewall timeout settings and the pooled connections becomes invalid.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document