Slow Application Login When OVD LDAP Adapter Source Backend is Down
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 10.1.4.2 to 220.127.116.11
- Using Oracle Virtual Directory with 2 Active Directories and one OID as the source (Adapter Source Data).
- When one of the directories is down or unreachable, the login to the application is extremely slow.
- The main source of authentication is the OID.
- The problem occurs when one of the Active Directories is down and the authentication information for this specific application currently resides in OID.
- It appears that OVD is waiting to try to connect to all of the sources before actually logging in.
- It is not erroring out, because the login is eventually successful using the OID source.
- Once logged in to the application, everything works smoothly. But the issue is that logon takes very long time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms