Slow Application Login When OVD LDAP Adapter Source Backend is Down
(Doc ID 421704.1)
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2017
Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 10.1.4.2 to 126.96.36.199
- Using Oracle Virtual Directory with 2 Active Directories and one OID as the source (Adapter Source Data).
- When one of the directories is down or unreachable, the login to the application is extremely slow.
- The main source of authentication is the OID.
- The problem occurs when one of the Active Directories is down and the authentication information for this specific application currently resides in OID.
- It appears that OVD is waiting to try to connect to all of the sources before actually logging in.
- It is not erroring out, because the login is eventually successful using the OID source.
- Once logged in to the application, everything works smoothly. But the issue is that logon takes very long time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.