ldifwrite Fails With "Invalid Password"
(Doc ID 444846.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- ldifwrite fails with:
ldifwrite -c bc1t -b "cn=groups,dc=oracle,dc=com" -f groups.ldif
Invalid password for OiD
- $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora correctly points to tnsnames *first*:
names.directory_path = tnsnames, ...
- $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora file has an entry for the connect string used in the ldifwrite command
- the correct password for the ODS schema is being used when prompted by ldifwrite:
sqlplus ods/<pwd>@bc1tThe user is connected to the database
- neither upper nor lower case passwords work in the ldifwrite command
- resetting the ODS password to the OID database via sqlplus, to be assured that the correct password is in use, made no difference:
alter user ods identified by ODS
- The wallets were backed up and then removed from the OID $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/admin directory: :
oidpasswd connect=BC1T change_oiddb_pwd=truebut this didn't help
oidpasswd connect=BC1T create_wallet=true
- setting the ODS and orcladmin passwords to be the same as the ias_admin password didn't help
- environment variables are set correctly:
$PATH --> set PATH to have the $ORACLE_HOME/bin first
- the correct ldifwrite is in use:
[oracle@whqwebdev4 ~]$ which ldifwrite
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!