Installed Content Server 7.5.1 with IIS and SSL, HTTPS URLs not being used
Last updated on JUNE 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Universal Content Management - Version: 7.5.1 to 7.5.1
This problem can occur on any platform.
Product: Content Server
Setup the SCS 7.5.1 server to require SSL.
1. A certificate was configured in IIS 6.0. Ref http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298805
2. On the Server launched the System Properties Applet. (Start > Programs > Stellent Content Server > (Instance Name) > Utilities > System Properties.)
3. Go to the Internet tab and check the box 'Use Secure Socket Layers'
4. Edited the file <Content Server>/config/config.cfg. Ensured the HttpServerAddress was https://...
5. Restart the Content Server and the IIS. (To restart IIS went to Start > Run > type 'iisreset')
6. Update the portal page in the Weblayout Editor. (Start > Programs > Stellent Content Server > (Instance Name) > Weblayout Editor > Click options > Update Portal > Close Weblyaout Editor)
7. Login using the https://<HttpServerAddress>/<RelativeWebRoot>
Login works successfully.
The Admin Applets will not open. Hover over the other links on the Admin Applets page and we can see the URLs are not using HTTPS, but rather HTTP.
This is a new installation of Content Server 7.5.1. Problem happens after configuration of SSL.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms