"Unable To Validate The SYS User" Error During Application Server Patch Installation
(Doc ID 468158.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 10.1.2.1.0 to 10.1.2.3.0 [Release AS10gR2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Application Server 10g Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.1.2.1.0 to 10.1.2.3.0
Checked for relevance on 02-Jun-2009
- Applying 10.1.2.X Oracle Application Server Patchset Software update
- During the Interview Phase the Installer asks for the SYS password.
- After entering the password the following error occurs:
- First Things to Check:
- The SYS password entered is correct
- There are no strange characters the installer may be processing incorrectly
- The Database's REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE initialization parameter is set to EXCLUSIVE in order to allow a remote login as SYS.
- If connecting to an 11g database ensure you have a certified combination. See <Note 887365.1> Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2) Certification for Oracle Application Server 10g (10.1.2, 10.1.3, 10.1.4)
In this case, a SYS password such as "password" is working from a remote SQL*Plus connection, proving the issue is not for one of the above three reasons.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document